In 2023, don’t miss out on the top 10 best museums in Las Vegas, United States, offering a diverse range of attractions from world-class art to eccentric collections suitable for all ages.
These must-see best museums in Las Vegas are ranked based on their popularity and ratings. Click on each museum for more details about exhibitions, visitor information, and reviews. Make your trip planning easier by bookmarking this post alongside our Las Vegas Guide, top Hoover Dam and Las Vegas tours, and other exciting activities in the city.
This way, you can fully experience the rich history and vibrant culture Las Vegas has to offer through its extraordinary museums during your unforgettable visit in 2023.
Here Top 10 Best Museums in Las Vegas:
1. Lied Discovery Children's Museum
Lied Discovery Children’s Museum and its collection
Location: 360 Promenade, Place Las Vegas, NV 89106, USA.
Contact: (702) 382-3445
- Monday- Closed
- Tuesday to
- Saturday- 10:00 – 17:00
- Sunday- 12:00 – 17:00
- One of the best museums in Las Vegas to visit in 2023 is the DISCOVERY Children’s Museum. It is a nonprofit dedicated to providing children with fun and exciting STEAM educational experiences.
- Formerly known as Lied Discovery Children’s Museum, it now resides near The Smith Center in Downtown Las Vegas.
- With its three-story space for learning and play spanning 58,000 square feet, it offers a vibrant and inclusive environment for all, welcoming around 250,000 visitors annually.
- Their mission is to ignite a lifelong love of learning through engaging and educational experiences for children of all abilities, backgrounds, and beliefs.
2. The Mob Museum
Address: 300 Stewart Avenue
Las Vegas, NV 89101
Timing: Daily, 9 am – 9 pm
- When visiting best museums in las vegas in 2023, the must-visit museum is the infamous Mob Museum. It holds the top spot for good reason, offering exhibits that delve into the history of organized crime’s impact on America, including the Valentine’s Day massacre and Al Capone’s Tommy gun.
- The museum features artifacts, original footage videos, and narrative banners across four floors, providing a comprehensive journey through the world of organized crime. What makes this museum even more special is its depiction of how organized crime played a vital role in shaping best museums in las vegas into the sprawling and glittering city it is today, thriving while other cities faced crackdowns on their gambling halls.
- Don’t miss the opportunity to explore the crime lab (with an additional fee) and the firearms training simulator. Plan at least 3-4 hours to fully experience all the captivating exhibits this best museum in Las Vegas has to offer.
3. The Neon Museum
770 Las Vegas Boulevard North
Las Vegas, NV 89101
Timing: Monday to Sunday
- General admission 9 am – 9 pm;
- Guided tours 7 pm – 10:45 pm; Brilliant!
- light show 9 pm – 11 pm
- One of the best museums in Las Vegas to visit in 2023 is “The Neon Boneyard.” This iconic museum preserves the long history of glamorous Las Vegas, featuring over 250 historical neon signs sprawled over 2.5 acres in an outdoor boneyard. Take a guided tour through the fascinating collection, reminiscing about the eras of Sinatra and Elvis.
- Inside the museum, you can browse a delightful collection of matchbooks, postcards, and casino chips, offering a glimpse into the past.
- Don’t forget to snap a picture in front of the space-age, domed building housing the visitor’s center, capturing memories of your visit to this captivating destination.
- Experience the ever-changing city’s past and relish the nostalgia of Las Vegas’ iconic hotels, restaurants, and gambling halls that have closed down over the years.
4. Nevada State Museum
Location: 309 S Valley View Blvd
NV 89107 Las Vegas
Contact: +1 702-486-5205
- Tuesday to Sunday- 9 am to 5 pm,
- Except on Thanksgiving and Christmas.
- One of the best museums to visit in Las Vegas in 2023 is the Nevada State Museum, located at the Springs Preserve. Operated by the Nevada Department of Tourism and Cultural Affairs, this museum offers a rich exploration of the history and natural history of Nevada.
- With exhibits, library, and collection storage spanning 70,000 square feet, the museum has ample space to showcase artifacts and collections, including paleontological fossils and the impressive 8,000-piece Folies Bergère costume archive.
- Originally founded in 1982 as the Nevada State Museum and Historical Society, the museum moved from Lorenzi Park to its current location at the Springs Preserve in 2008.
- The state-of-the-art facility allows visitors to immerse themselves in the development of Las Vegas and the region’s natural history. Don’t miss the chance to be inspired and educated about Nevada’s fascinating heritage during your visit to this top-notch museum.
5. Madame Tussauds
- Location: Madame Tussauds Las Vegas
3377 S. Las Vegas Blvd, Suite 2001
Las Vegas, NV 89109
Contact: (702) 862-7800
- Monday-Friday, 11:00 am to 6:00 pm;
- Saturday& Sunday, 11:00 am to 8:00 pm
- One of the best museums in Las Vegas to visit in 2023 is Madame Tussauds Las Vegas. With over 200 years of history, this iconic attraction has drawn millions of visitors due to its enduring success and the timeless curiosity it sparks.
- The museum offers an extraordinary experience of mingling with lifelike wax figures of celebrities such as Drake, Elvis, Shaq, Frank Sinatra, and more. You can capture Insta-worthy shots with your favorite stars and even immerse yourself in iconic Vegas settings, feeling like Vegas royalty yourself.
- Madame Tussauds Las Vegas boasts top-notch wax figures, impressing visitors with their quality and likeness to the real stars. Whether you’re a fan of rap, politics, pop, or sports, this museum has something for everyone, including a thrilling 4D Marvel movie experience at the end.
- What sets the Las Vegas Madame Tussauds apart is the city’s celebrity status and party atmosphere, taking the celebrity experience to a whole new level.
- Don’t miss the opportunity to create cherished memories and snap iconic photos at this exceptional museum during your visit to best museums in las vegas in 2023. For an extra special experience, you can even book a gondola ride at the same time.
6. Las Vegas Natural History Museum
Location: 900 Las Vegas Blvd N, Las Vegas
Contact: (702) 384-3466
- Mon to Fri: 9:00 am to 4:00 pm
- Saturday: 9:00 am to 4:00 pm
- Sunday: 9:00 am to 4:00 pm
- The Las Vegas Natural History Museum is one of the best museums in las vegas in 2023. Founded in 1991, it offers a diverse collection of wildlife and prehistoric exhibits, providing a captivating and educational experience for all ages.
- With a family-friendly atmosphere, reasonable prices, and a live shark exhibit, it stands out among the top museums in the city.
- Visitors can explore exhibits from the Jurassic era, learn about Nevada wildlife, and even encounter a small King Tut exhibit with authorized replicas of ancient Egyptian artifacts.
- The museum’s commitment to inclusivity adds to the positive and enriching experience it offers. A must-visit destination for families and those interested in the wonders of the natural world and sciences.
7. Pinball Hall of Fame
Location: 4925 Las Vegas Blvd South, Las Vegas.
- Monday- Sunday: 10 am to 9 pm,
- Except Friday/Saturday: 10 am till 10 pm.
- The Pinball Hall of Fame is undeniably one of the best museums Las Vegas in 2023. This quirky and extravagant attraction holds the largest collection of pinball machines, some of which are extremely rare, and popular arcade games dating back to the 1950s.
- Located across from the historic “Welcome to Las Vegas” sign, it offers a unique and low-key Vegas classic experience.
- Inside the new 25,000-square-foot building, you can get lost in the world of pinball and play hundreds of games. The best part is that it’s pay-per-play with no admission fee required!
- Rediscover the nostalgia of the past as you master classic pinball games such as Creature from the Black Lagoon, Cyclone, Last Action Hero, and an array of other iconic titles. Step into a world of retro gaming excitement and experience the thrill of playing these timeless pinball machines. From Sky Divers to Gauntlet Legends and Asteroids to Hollywood Heat, there’s fun for everyone at this fascinating museum.
- Take a break from the Strip and enjoy an unforgettable gaming adventure at the Pinball Hall of Fame during your Las Vegas trip in 2023.
8. Shelby American, Inc.
Location: 6405 Ensworth Street,
Las Vegas NV, 89119
- Monday – Friday, 9:30 am – 5:00 pm;
- Saturday, 8:00 am – 5:00 pm;
- Sunday, 10:00 am –4:00 pm
- This iconic museum, founded by the legendary Carroll Shelby, is a paradise for car enthusiasts. As you step inside, you’ll be greeted with a stunning display of performance vehicles, including authentic cobras like the 427 S/C, 289 FIA, and 289 street car component vehicles.
- For Ford Mustang fans, Shelby American offers post-title packages like the Shelby GT, 1000, Super Snake, and GT-S, enhancing the appeal of their collection. Embark on a guided tour with a knowledgeable employee, and you’ll be immersed in the gripping tales of the historic Shelby vs. Ferrari Le Mans races. It’s a chance to relive the adrenaline-pumping moments of motorsport history.
- Inside the Heritage Hall showroom, prepare to be awestruck by the immaculate and shiny cars dedicated to Carroll Shelby’s enduring legacy. Even if you’re not particularly interested in cars, the captivating display is sure to leave a lasting impression.
- Before you leave, don’t forget to check out the extensive merchandise shop, which is almost as large as the showroom itself. You’ll find an array of souvenirs and memorabilia, perfect for taking home cherished mementos of your visit.
- Whether you’re a passionate car enthusiast or simply looking for a unique and unforgettable experience museum in Las Vegas, the Shelby American Museum promises to be one of the best destinations in 2023.
9. BODIES | The Exhibition
Address: 3900 S Las Vegas Boulevard Las Vegas
- Purchase tickets: (Toll-Free): 800.557.7428 and (Local): 702.262.4400
- Monday to Sunday, 11:00 am – 6:00 pm (last admission at 5)
- In 2023, one of the best museums in las vegas is “BODIES…The Exhibition” at Luxor Hotel & Casino. With over 15 million visitors worldwide, it offers a unique and fascinating insight into the human body through innovative preservation.
- The exhibition features a display of 13 whole-body specimens and over 260 organs, offering a unique three-dimensional perspective that is seldom witnessed outside of a typical anatomy lab.
- It’s an educational and respectful experience, featuring authentic human specimens that illustrate health concerns and the impact of diseases.
- Recommended for teens and above, this captivating exhibit is a must-visit for those seeking to understand the complexities of the human body and make informed lifestyle choices.
10. Titanic: The Artifact Exhibition
Location: 7324 International Drive
Orlando, FL 32819 Las Vegas
Contact: (407) 248-1166
- 10 am to 8 pm (Last Entry 7 pm) March 13- September 4
- 10 am to 6 pm (Last Entry 5 pm) September 5 – October 5
- 10 am to 8 pm (Last Entry 7 pm) October 6- December 31
- Transport yourself back to April 1912 and embark on a captivating journey at “Titanic: The Artifact Exhibition,” one of Las Vegas’s finest museums in 2023.
- As you step inside, you’ll be handed a replica boarding pass, assuming the role of a passenger on the ill-fated maiden voyage of the Titanic. This extraordinary exhibit showcases over 300 genuine artifacts and historical items, allowing you to immerse yourself in the grandeur of the past.
- Marvel at the full-scale room recreations, including the opulent Grand Staircase, the elegant First Class Parlor Suite, and the inviting Verandah Café. As you walk onto the Promenade Deck, you’ll feel a shiver down your spine, experiencing the same chilling cold air that once surrounded the legendary ship on that tragic night.
- One of the highlights of the exhibit is the chance to touch an iceberg, giving you a tangible connection to the haunting history of the Titanic. Witness the “Little Big Piece,” an awe-inspiring 2-ton section of the original ship’s hull, salvaged from the depths of the ocean.
- Begin your voyage in the steerage compartment, where the crew resided, and make your way through meticulously recreated second and first-class cabins, gaining a vivid understanding of life at the turn of the century. Through this unique and remarkable experience, you’ll gain insights into the human stories behind the artifacts and learn about the impact of this historic event on the world.
- If you’re seeking an unforgettable and educational experience during your Museum in Las Vegas visit in 2023, don’t miss the opportunity to step back in time and witness the mystery, allure, and tragedy of the Titanic up close at “Titanic: The Artifact Exhibition.”
In conclusion, the best museums in Las Vegas in 2023 are “Shelby American” and “Titanic: The Artifact Exhibition.” “Shelby American” offers an exciting experience for car enthusiasts, showcasing high-performance vehicles and celebrating the legendary Carroll Shelby.
On the other hand, “Titanic: The Artifact Exhibition” takes visitors on a captivating journey back to 1912, immersing them in the tragic history of the ill-fated ship through genuine artifacts and room recreations. Both museums promise unforgettable and educational experiences, making them top-notch attractions for anyone visiting Las Vegas in 2023.
The best museums to visit in Las Vegas in 2023 are “Shelby American” and “Titanic: The Artifact Exhibition.”
At “Shelby American,” you can expect to experience a showcase of high-performance vehicles and learn about the legacy of Carroll Shelby. The museum offers guided tours with captivating stories of Shelby vs. Ferrari races and an impressive merchandise shop.
“Titanic: The Artifact Exhibition” takes visitors on a captivating journey back to April 1912, allowing them to experience the ill-fated maiden voyage of the Titanic. You’ll explore over 300 genuine artifacts, and full-scale room recreations, and even touch an iceberg to feel the chill of that fateful night.
Yes, both museums cater to a wide audience. “Shelby American” is ideal for car enthusiasts and anyone interested in high-performance vehicles, while “Titanic: The Artifact Exhibition” appeals to those intrigued by historical events and the tragic story of the Titanic.