Did anyone win the Powerball jackpot ($1.4 billion)? The eagerly anticipated winning numbers for the colossal estimated $1.423 billion Powerball jackpot were finally unveiled during Saturday night’s drawing. Those lucky numbers were 47, 54, 57, 60, and 65, accompanied by the Powerball of 19.
Unfortunately, Saturday’s drawing did not produce a jackpot winner, which has led to the jackpot swelling to a staggering $1.55 billion. This mammoth prize now stands as one of the largest in the storied history of Powerball.
Remarkably, there hasn’t been a Powerball grand prize winner since a fortunate soul in Los Angeles claimed a whopping $1.08 billion treasure trove on July 19. The most recent drawing marked the 33rd consecutive drawing since that historic win.
This noteworthy moment also marks the very first time in Powerball’s illustrious history that two consecutive jackpots have soared to the billion-dollar mark, according to Powerball officials.
The title of the biggest jackpot in Powerball and U.S. lottery history belongs to a jaw-dropping $2.04 billion prize, clinched by an individual also hailing from the Los Angeles area in November 2022.
If a solitary victor emerges from Saturday’s drawing, they would face the choice between a lump sum payment of approximately $614 million before taxes or an annuity option that involves an immediate payment.
The odds of securing the jackpot remain a staggering one in 292.2 million.
Powerball tickets, each priced at $2, can be purchased in 45 states, the District of Columbia, Puerto Rico, and the U.S. Virgin Islands. Drawings are held every Monday, Wednesday, and Saturday at 11 p.m. Eastern.
The trend of billion-dollar lottery jackpots has become increasingly common in recent years. Both Powerball and Mega Millions have elevated ticket prices and adjusted the odds, making these colossal jackpots a more frequent occurrence. According to the Washington Post, in 2015, Powerball altered the odds of winning from 1 in 175.2 million to the current 1 in 292.2 million.
As the Powerball jackpot continues to soar to unprecedented heights, the question on everyone’s lips remains: will anyone step forward to claim this colossal fortune, or will the jackpot continue to captivate the nation’s imagination with its tantalizing allure?
Did anyone win the Powerball jackpot Saturday night?
The Powerball jackpot remained elusive on Saturday night, with no fortunate soul emerging as the grand prize winner. However, the evening did bring two fortunate individuals who secured $2 million each, with one hailing from Iowa and the other from Maine. Additionally, a total of 10 tickets yielded the substantial prize of $1 million, including one lucky ticket holder in Ohio.
Could you be an undisclosed winner? Unclaimed Connecticut Lottery prizes beckon.
The Powerball jackpot offers winners two payout options: a lump sum or an annuitized option of 29 annual payments, with each payment increasing by 5% each year. The estimated jackpot size for the annuitized option is $1.4 billion, while the lump sum is the cash value, which is currently $643.7 million for this series.
The cash option represents the amount needed to fund the annuity option, meaning that Powerball officials estimate having $643.7 million in the prize pool at the time of the drawing, sufficient to cover the annuity payments.
When is the next Powerball drawing scheduled?
Where to buy Powerball tickets
If you’re feeling blessed, you can buy Powerball tickets at the numerous convenience stores and Ohio Lottery retailers located throughout the state. For more information and to locate a retailer near you, visit the Ohio Lottery website.
What is the largest Powerball jackpot ever won?
How do you play Powerball?
How can you win Powerball?
To win Powerball, there are nine possible ways:
- Match all 5 white balls and the red Powerball to win the jackpot.
- Match all 5 white balls to win $1 million.
- Match 4 white balls and the red Powerball to win $50,000.
- Match four white balls to win $100.
- Match three white balls and the red Powerball to win $100.
- Match three white balls to win $7.
- Match two white balls and the red Powerball to win $7.
- Match one white ball and the red Powerball to win $4.
- Match the red Powerball alone to win $4.
These are the various ways you can win in the Powerball game!
The largest Powerball jackpots:
- $2.04 Billion – 7 Nov, 2022 – CA
- $1.586 Billion – 13 Jan, 2016 – CA, FL, TN
- $1.55 Billion (est.) – 9 Oct, 2023
- $1.08 Billion – 19 July, 2023 – CA
- $768.4 Million – 27 March, 2019 – WI
- $758.7 Million – 23 Aug 2017 – MA
- $754.6 Million – 6 Feb, 2023 – WA
- $731.1 Million – 20 Jan, 2021 – MD
- $699.8 Million – 4 Oct, 2021 – CA
- $687.8 Million – 27 Oct, 2018 – IA, NY
The largest US lottery jackpots ever won, including both Powerball and Mega Millions:
- $2.04 billion: Powerball – 7 Nov, 2022 – CA
- $1.586 billion: Powerball – 13 Jan, 2016 – CA, FL, TN
- $1.58 billion: Mega Millions – 8 Aug, 2023 – FL
- $1.55 billion (est.) – 9 Oct, 2023
- $1.537 billion: Mega Millions – 23 Oct, 2018 – SC
- $1.35 billion: Mega Millions – 13 Jan, 2023 – ME
- $1.337 billion: Mega Millions – 29 July, 2022 – IL
- $1.08 billion: Powerball – 19 July, 2023 – CA
- $1.05 billion: Mega Millions – 22 Jan 2021 – MI
- $768.4 million – 27 March, 2019 – WI